Simple Superfood Buddha Bowl
Try this easy recipe for a quick, mid-week meal that’s simple, delicious, quick to prepare and packed full of super food nutrients!
- 2 red beets, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 sweet potato, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/3 cup peas, chick peas, or edamame
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 1/2 cup brown rice or quinoa, pre-cooked
- 1/3 cup roasted pecans or cashews
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup green onions, chopped finely, to garnish
- Sriracha hot sauce, drizzled over top to taste
- In a frying pan or wok, sauté chicken breast in coconut oil until cooked.
- Add rest of ingredients and gently toss in pan until heated through and vegetables are cooked, but still slightly el-dente.
- Garnish with green onions in pan, give a quick toss.
- Drizzle Sriracha hot sauce over top, serve immediately & enjoy!
- Leftovers are great for lunch the next day – but be sure to refrigerate!
Author: Dr. Katie Au
B.Sc. Kin (Hons), D.C., D.Ac, CSCS, FCCRS©, ART®, GT®
Toronto Chiropractor | Acupuncture Practitioner | Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist