Everyone has busy schedules these days and that is why meal prep has become so important to keep up with eating healthy. Here is a quick and easy recipe that you can make to last you the week so that you have something hearty to eat when you come home from work.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 of can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Shredded old cheddar for topping – optional
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, sauté the chopped onions. Combine the ground turkey, stirring until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Once the meat is browned, you can add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and kidney beans.
- Add the garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring the chili to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheddar on top.
Alanna Fish | Resident PhysiotherapistClick here to like this post