Finding it hard to eat healthy and satisfy a sugar craving at the same time? I have found a simple solution! Whenever I give in to a sugar craving, I try to find the healthiest alternative possible. I have been experimenting with no-bake energy bites. They’re easy to make, full of protein and sweetened naturally.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 2/3 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until mixed. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The mixture is a lot easier to handle and work with when it’s a little cold.
- Once the mixture has been chilled in the fridge, roll into bite-sized balls.
- To Store: place energy bites into an air-tight container and refrigerate. They last up to a week.
Recipe and images derived from http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-bake-energy-bites/
- If your mixture is too dry, try adding some extra honey or peanut butter.
- If the mixture is too wet, add some oatmeal.
- Add any other dry ingredients you may enjoy such as raisins, chia seeds, dried cranberries or nuts. If you are adding lots of extra dry ingredients, you may need to alter your recipe by adding more wet ingredients to bind the mixture together.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and other spices can also be added to your energy bites.
Author: Claire Ford, BA (Hons)
Clinical Receptionist | Social Media Rep | Toronto Health & Fitness Advocate