Darcy’s Life Changing Zucchini Noodle Recipes
My name is Darcy, and I am a natural health advocate and registered massage therapist in uptown Toronto. I believe in a balanced lifestyle consisting of exercise and healthy eating and would like to share with you, a recent food love of mine!
Zucchini noodles have changed my life. I recently got a little hand held spiralizer that quickly and efficiently makes all the zucchini noodles I can dream of. This nifty little tool only costs $20 at Canadian Tire. I have found spiralized vegetables to be an amazing and creative way of making tasty and light summer dinners that make sure you get your vegetables and don’t leave you feeling heavy!
My favourite spiralized zucchini noodle receipe by far has been a Peanut Chicken Zucchini Noodle recipe I found on Pinterest. It’s so fresh and full of flavour, and so deeply satisfying. This recipe yields about 4 servings and takes about 45 minutes to put together. Recipe immediately below.
PEANUT CHICKEN ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (you’ll need more for the peanut sauce below)
- 2 teaspoons minced or chopped garlic
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage (I use red)
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced (I use red)
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralized into noodles
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (about 2-3 cups)
- Toppings: 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, handful of cilantro, 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium and gluten free)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha or any hot chili sauce
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of sesame oil and the garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, cabbage, and pepper slices. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are a little tender. (I usually begin the peanut sauce, step 2, during this time.) Once tender, add the zucchini noodles and shredded chicken to the skillet. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes until the zucchini is a little softer and chicken is warm. Turn off the stove and remove from heat. Set aside. (*If your skillet isn’t quite big enough, you can do this step in batches.)
- Combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk constantly until the peanut butter has melted and everything is combined. I usually use 2 teaspoons of Sriracha, but use the amount of heat you like.
- Once the sauce is heated through, pour over chicken/vegetables. Toss everything around until combined. Place on a serving dish (or not!) and top with sesame seeds, cilantro, peanuts, and green onion. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat to your liking. ENJOY!!!!!
- The original recipe can be found here http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2016/02/22/peanut-chicken-zucchini-noodles/. I modified the recipe by eliminating the addition of honey to the peanut sauce.
- The little spiralizer that I use is called the Vegetti and can be found at Canadain Tire for $20.
Other Inspiralized Recipe Ideas:
Here are some other great zucchini noodle recipes that I love…
Feel free to get creative and experiment with spiralizing other vegetables. I have found that sweet potatoes, cucumbers, carrots, jicama, beets and turnips also spiralize really well. I would love to hear of any favourites that any of you have tried! Please leave me a comment below 🙂
ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH CREAMY AVOCADO PESTO
ALMOND CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH LEMON ZUCCHINI NOODLES
ZUCCHINI SHRIMP SCAMPI
Author: Darcy Magner, RMT
Toronto Registered Massage Therapist | Acupuncture Provider