What’s so great about chia seeds?
- They’re full of antioxidants
- They contain lots of fiber
- They have a high content of Omega-3 fatty acids
- They’re high in calcium
- They’re a vegan source of protein
- They’re high in vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium
- Anti-inflammatory properties regulate cholesterol and lower blood pressure
- They’re high in linoleic acid which helps the body absorb vitamins A, D, E and K
- They help with hydration due to their ability to absorb up to 9-10 times their weight in water
What else can I do with chia seeds?
- Add to your water for an extra source of protein, fiber or Omega-3
- Blended into your smoothie
- Sprouted for salads and other meals
- Homemade chia pet!
- Add to your muffins and other baked goods
- Add to cereal or granola
Awesome chia seed pudding recipe
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup or any other sweetener of choice
Mix all ingredients and place into mason jars over night. Garnish with fruits, nuts, cinnamon etc. Try playing around with flavours by adding matcha or cocoa powders. Enjoy!
Recipe and image from: https://wellnessmama.com/59344/chia-seed-pudding/
Author: Claire Ford, BA (Hons)
Clinical Receptionist | Social Media Rep | Toronto Health & Fitness Advocate